Saturday, March 10, 2012

Crab Rangoon Recipe


Crab Rangoons
What you will need:
One 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
8oz of Canned Crab
Won ton wrappers
Green onion sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon of Garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce
1 egg white
This recipe will make about 40 crab rangoons

First off I like to use the fluffy whipped style cream cheese. Put the cream cheese in a bowl, open the canned crab meat and drain the liquid off so you have dry crab meat.  Then add the crab meat and the green onions to the cream chese. Next you add the soy sauce and the garlic powder. Mix this until smooth. I like to use a spoon, but my wife uses a blender. Next, fill the wonton wrappers with about 1 teaspoon of the creamy crab and cheese mix. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the egg whites and fold the wrapper in half. I lay them on a cookie sheet and freeze them for 1 hour so that the cream cheese doesn’t melt out of them in the hot oil. Fry them at 325 degrees until they look golden and crunchy.  They don't need to fry very long.  The wrappers are really thin so they burn quickly.


If you eat them before they cool, the cream cheese will still be hot which will cause the filling to run out when you bite into them. However, when they are allowed to cool they will be crunchy on the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside. When my wife and I lived in town and she would make homemade cashew chicken,  I would go and buy crab rangoons from a Chinese restaurant and bring them home. However, when we moved out to the secluded country the rangoons would be cold before I could get them home. So, I decided to try and make some at home on my own. Now, it's become a tradition that I always make the crab rangoons any time my wife makes homemade Chinese chicken. This is the one thing I can make that my wife can't, or so she lets me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment