Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2/29/12

Why was today such a bad day? This is not going to sound good but my daughter moved home today. I thought that my wife and I would be enjoying a house to ourselves by the end of the week. Our youngest son is leaving for college 600 miles away on Thursday. At first it was hard to imagine the house being empty but as we got closer to school beginning we came around to the idea of not having a house full. It grew on us and now all we have is disappointment, because our oldest is needing a place to stay.

I will say it isn’t a huge surprise, she has never had a job. She spends most of her time living in new age hippie camps growing organic vegetables and living in a shanty with a tarp for a roof. I guess really I don’t blame her for wanting to move back into a real house with modern conveniences such as a toilet. If it were up to me I would have told her “No, you can’t move back in again.” However it wasn’t up to me. You know how that works!

I love my daughter, but we just don’t really see eye to eye she is into the occupy movement, a member of PETA and a self-proclaimed Obamaniac. I guess if you were to describe her you could say she has no work ethic, she only eats plants, and she will vote for whoever MTV tells her to. This couldn’t be any further from me and the old lady. We have worked for everything we have and enjoy a good rare steak. I have always worked many times I worked somewhere I really hated because my family needed the insurance. I never dreamed of the government providing me with it. Man how the times have changed.

 I suppose I can handle my daughter living with us for a little while the real issue is going to be her boyfriend who just asked me if his band can set up in my garage to practice. That was the last straw I wanted to tell him to cut his hair and get a job, but my wife told me I had to be nice.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Sounds like some fireworks at the house. I have three grown boys and I can relate with not seeing eye to eye all the time. It's like they are just pushing my buttons to see if they can get a reaction. This next generation sure will test us won't they. Hang in there Ryan.

    ReplyDelete