Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We shall not bathe

2/22/12

I have decided that we should all skip bathing for a week and I came up with ten reasons why. My number one reason would be that with everyone bathing every day we waste a lot of water and it is not like water is a renewable resource we have to conserve as much water as we can. Well on second thought that doesn’t seem like a very good reason I just learned that the polar ice caps are melting and that causes more water in the oceans. My second reason would be that we could add time to our days by skipping baths. I believe that everyone would enjoy a longer day and this would make it seem possible. My third reason is the amount of energy used to pump the water and heat it would be eliminated and this means that we become less reliant on foreign oil. Reason number four would be that it is healthier for our skin. The chemicals in soap can’t be healthy I mean have you ever tasted soap? Also, I heard somewhere that the hot water can dry your skin out. The fifth reason why we should refrain from bathing for a whole week is so that the people who are not fortunate enough to take baths would feel better about themselves at least for a week. I get enjoyment out of being able to make people feel better about their selves. Reason number six is that dread locks are really cool and without washing our hair we could all have dreadlocks. Reason number seven would be that dirt is a good sunblock and with the rising number in skin cancer cases this could be the next best thing to a cure for cancer. Reason number eight would be that we can put a crunch on body wash and shampoo suppliers. If we didn’t bathe for a week there would be a huge surplus of shampoo and soap and that would lower the cost of these products. Reason number nine would be that it could increase business for scent-blocker clothing brand. They need the business, they just settled a lawsuit over whether their products actually eliminate 100% percent of human scent. Reason number ten would be that with the new move to all natural products the next big thing will logically be all natural colognes and perfumes and we would be two steps ahead of the game. I think that if we were to skip bathing for a week it would change our personal lives and society as whole. However, I still haven’t completely changed opinions on the need for daily bathing.

2 comments:

  1. If I skipped a bath at the end of the day I would spend the night in the doghouse. I'll bet the dog would think who let the skunk in? The polar caps melting is filling the oceans with massive amounts of water for bathing so lets take advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,
    Finding ten good reasons not to bath for a week might be a stretch. I do like the idea of conserving water but one time I lay in bed pondering how much water there is, are ready for this. I live in Christian County and there is about 564 square miles. We get over 40 inches of rain annually. There is 231 cubic inches in a gallon. So let’s see here, 564 square miles equals 4,014,489,600 square inches times 40 inches deep equals 160,579,584,000 cubic inches divided by the 231 in each gallon gives us about 695,149,714 gallons annually. There are approx. 77,825 folks in Christian County. So with the rain water alone we have about 8,932 gallons each. I have four people in the house so we could use 37,728 gallons and be in our allotment. But we only used about a total of 10,000. So I say we stick with the baths because we also have to remember that every bit of the used water will be evaporated and recycled by the environment anyhow.

    ReplyDelete