Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow

2/13/12

Today we had a good snow. It was the first one we have got this winter and it is February 13th. We went out and played with the kids for a little while this morning. My 2 year old was really excited about the snow. He retrieved his snow boots from the closet and I put them on him. He thought he was ready to go play. However all he had on was snow boots and some pants. When he opened the door he seemed surprised that it was cold. After we dressed him real warm he really enjoyed the snow. We all came in and had some hot chocolate.

When I think back to when I was child I realize now why parents never enjoyed the snow like we did. When my kids came into the house they brought wet frozen clothes and boots covered in snow with them. It made a huge mess; my wife gathered up all the wet clothes and put them in the dryer. About the time they finished drying the kids wanted to go back out side and play some more. This lasted a little while and they were ready to go back in again. I think we are in for the day maybe tomorrow will be a little less cold and they won’t get cold so fast.

Even with all the stresses that come with the snow I still enjoy it. I was hoping it would ome a couple of days earlier. The Predator tournament that I hunted would have been more successful had there been some snow on the ground. I love being able to look out across the fields and see the fresh snow. Sometimes I think back to the time I spent in the Rocky Mountains. We had a fresh coating of snow every afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment