Monday, February 13, 2012

My Creed

2/13/12


Always remember that your past is not what you are, but merely what made you who you are. I believe this is one thing that is important for people to remember. Just because we are born into, or get ourselves into bad situations, that is not who we have to be. We can be anything and do anything we really want. I believe that statistics end up making people feel that they will only ever be what they are supposed to be. Every single day a new study comes out telling people that they are their past, and that chances are nothing can be changed. The chances are high that you will do the same thing. Just because a large percentage of people that share your background end up a certain way doesn’t mean you have to end up that way as well. Many times it is easier to let our pasts dictate who we are. It is often hard to break a cycle, but I will not let it define me. At the same time we need to accept that our background does make an impact on our development. My biological father never cared to be around me, statistics say that I should abandon my children as well. However I have decided that my past will not decide who I am today. If anything I feel the need to be a better dad because I understand how I felt and the things i struggled with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment