Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Favorite Movie

2/29/12
My favorite movie of all time would be “The Lonesome Dove Saga”. I can remember when I was a child and first saw this made for TV movie. I was fairly young and do not remember seeing the whole movie. I do however remember seeing the part where the boy was attacked by the water moccasins and killed. This horrified me, they showed the snake biting the boy’s face! I was only 4 or 5 at the time and this may have been the scariest thing I had ever seen on television (we did not have cable). Even though I was scared by this I really enjoy the movie still today. “Lonesome Dove” and “Dances with Wolves” can probably be accredited to my enjoyment of westerns. I think we got a VHS version of “Dances with Wolves” from McDonalds for some reason. As an adult when it is cold or rainy outside I will sit down and watch “Lonesome Dove” even though I rarely make it through all six and a half hours.

If you were to ask me “Why do you like Lonesome Dove?” I would have to say it is because of the polarity Robert Duvall (Augustus McCrae) and Tommy Lee Jones (Woodrow Call) brings to the movie. Gus is very laid back and easy going he seems to move about and live life with a smooth glide, while his good friend Woodrow is very rigid and all business. These two characters but heads often but you can tell they both care about one another as only lifelong friends can. The differences between these two characters make them both likeable in my book. I like this film for the different dynamics brought to the screen by these two actors I think it accents the plot very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment