Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shopping

2/29/12

I hate shopping. I think that my distaste for shopping comes from the fact that I need someone else to supply things for me and I cannot be self-reliant. I know that being self-reliant is a great idea, but it is probably not very feasible in our modern society. I think that the reason for this is because we as a society enjoy our free time and conveniences. This doesn’t mean I can’t hope to one day be more self-reliant but I will never be to provide all myself with all my needs. Another reason why I hate shopping is people; I am not a people person and although I don’t like to say it I may be slightly anti-social. Part of the reason for this is because of lack of manners people sometimes demonstrate. Or maybe it’s just my lack of tolerance for others. I think my wife and I would have different opinions on this. For these reasons when I go shopping it is in and out. I know what I need and I generally know where it is. If I don’t know where it is I don’t need it. This applies to the grocery store, gas stations, Wal-Mart and especially the mall. I especially dislike the mall. I can handle outdoors stores for a little while but even there I start feeling stressed out after some time. The one place I know of that I may enjoy shopping would be the Branson Landing. It has the Bass Pro outdoor store, a few great restaurants as well as being outdoors, which makes me feel a whole lot less contained. The best part is if you don’t mind walking around in the rain and cold you may be one of the only ones there. It may be helpful for me to be around people more. I am sure I could learn to be more sociable. However I do not see this happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment