Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A bad day fishing is better than a good day doing anything else.

02/08/2012
                Sometimes when trying to enjoy a nice day you have some setbacks. Things don’t always go as planned, but just because things go wrong it doesn’t have to ruin your whole day. Earlier this year I had planned on enjoying a nice day on the lake with my dad. The thing is when I go fishing with my dad it often ends up being stressful. 
                This time it happened before we even wet a line. We launched the boat and realized that it was filling with water. We had forgotten to put the plug in. This was no big deal we just needed to load the boat back onto the trailer and pull it out of the water. I backed the trailer back into the lake and we loaded the boat halfway up the trailer. We weren’t hauling it anywhere so that should be okay, right? It wasn’t, the weight of the boat wasn’t distributed properly on the trailer and caused it to tilt backward and disconnect from the truck. When something felt different I looked in the rearview mirror and saw that the boat and trailer were rolling into the water. I threw the truck into park and jumped out. The trailer was under about 4 feet of water.
               This was very stressful. We grabbed a chain and hooked it to the trailer and pulled it out with the truck. Everything went okay. We still needed to load the boat so we made sure the trailer was secure and tried again. This time we got the boat and trailer out of the water. My dad was not in a very good mood at all. While letting the water drain out the boat we inspected it and the trailer and found that everything was okay. I was surprised I thought his prop would be ruined. We ended up fishing anyway and had a really good day on the lake. This made me realize that sometimes the best days start out a little rough. As long as we keep a good attitude we can make the best of the worst situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment