Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pets

2/29/12
I wanted to write about what the best pets are, but I thought it would be more fun to list what the worst pets are. I think number one would have to be the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach. I do not understand why any boding would possibly want a pet Cockroach, much less a huge one that hisses. I guess the whole idea of bugs as pets seems kind of odd anyway. Number two would be a chimpanzee, I want nothing to do with a pet that has to wear a diaper. If it can’t be trained to go outside then a pet should just stay outside. Plus I once saw an episode of Oprah about a woman who had her face eaten off by a chimp. That doesn’t appeal to me. Monkeys in general are out in my opinion. The third worst pet I think you could have would be a skunk. I don’t like the idea of accidentally seeing a skunk much less waking up to one running around my house every morning. I know you can get their scent glands removed but I don’t want to take a chance that they skunk smell may actually cover up a worse scent. In addition skunks are one the major carriers of rabies. The fourth worst pet you could have would be a snake. I don’t really know anyone who likes snakes. I think this is an ancient survival mechanism that we have inherited from our ancestors. I don’t like mice either but still I don’t want to have to feed them to a “pet”.

I know that many people keep all of these animals as pets, but I wouldn’t allow any of these in my house. I am a dog person and I don’t really care for cats, but I would have cats before chimps, roaches, skunks, or snakes. I am sure there are reasons why people like these animals but I think it is for the shock value of being able to say “here is my pet roach”.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever some one is trying to get me to do something I don't want to do they always say something like "why don't we clean out the garage today". My response is "who are you talking about when you say we, you and that roach up you a$$". I guess I might be careful who I say that around. I was wondering what that hissing sound was coming from their pants.

    ReplyDelete