Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Good Reasons for Sleeping In


 2/29/12
I have compiled ten good reasons for sleeping in. The number one reason to sleep in is because there are no kids at home to wake up at six a.m. This doesn’t happen very often in my house so we try to take advantage of it as often as possible. The second reason for sleeping in is that you work overnight and who really knows what sleeping in is when your schedule is that messed up. You can sleep until nine pm and you always have the excuse “I worked all night last night.” The third reason to sleep in would be because your alarm did not go off because of a power outage the night before. You can’t use this as an excuse very often but occasionally it will work. The fourth reason to sleep in would be that it is President’s Day and you don’t have anything to do on President’s Day. The fifth reason could include something about having to console a friend who is going through a tough time by giving him someone to drink with so he wasn’t drunk and alone. The sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth reasons are used in deer camp every year by someone. Number six is “I waited for the sun to come up before I went to my stand hoping I could scare some deer towards your stand.” Number seven would be “I knew everyone would be hungry around ten and decided to stay here and make sure we all had breakfast. So why don’t you get a fire going and we will make some eggs.” The eighth reason to sleep in is  “It was so cold last night in the tent that my legs were frozen to the floor and I couldn’t get up.” The ninth reason is “I was going to get up early but no one woke me up.” The tenth reason to sleep in is because the lake is too foggy at five thirty in the morning and you couldn’t see where you were going anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, I am kinda getting addicted to your top ten lists. Feels like I am watching Letterman. I like your reasons but I say we only need one reason not to get up, we don’t want to. And if anyone makes us get up we will get in their grill and breathe morning breath into their nostrils which will certainly wake them up. Ha!

    ReplyDelete