Wednesday, February 22, 2012

When I Grow Up.

2/22/12

My 6-year old son has been on a kick that he is going to be the President when he grows up. This is cute he always wears a tie around the house and he pretends to be on TV saying, “The United States of America I am the President.” I was thinking back on this and don’t believe I ever wanted to be the President. This never appealed to me and still doesn’t. I can remember I wanted to be an Astronaut, but I do not like flying or being up high on anything. I am not sure if I would like floating around and not being able to enjoy gravity.  I came to an early conclusion that I would not make a great astronaut.

After I decided Astronaut was out I don’t really know what I wanted to become. However, when I turned eighteen I thought I would like to be a sailor and almost joined the Navy. I have a great respect for our military personnel, but I do not believe it would have been for me. All I knew at this time was I was through with school. The next thing I wanted to be was a factory worker. No kidding, I liked the idea of making good money and having a steady job that I could make a career out of. Now that I realize that I can make a pretty good wage in a factory and the benefits can be excellent, it rarely tends to be enjoyable. I have realized I am not through with school.

This has brought me to the conclusion that I need to do something else. I have always kind of thought that it would be interesting to be an engineer. I was just too afraid to go to school. Engineering degrees require a lot of math and that is one thing I never enjoyed in high school. I wasn’t bad at math I just didn’t enjoy it. These were the first classes I started when I started college and turns out my math classes tend to be more enjoyable than the rest. I have decided that I am going to be an Engineer when I grow up.

1 comment:

  1. Engineer? What kind? My brother Dan and I work in construction and have the opportunity to meet and deal with a lot of engineers, mostly structural. That is a tough job and one I don't envy. The work does seem fun but the stress that comes with the job I could live without.

    ReplyDelete